1) Cost-benefit ratioIf you have a limited budget for marketing activities in your company, traditional methods may fall short when investing. By contrast, with digital marketing, you can make more efficient use of resources by allowing you to reach a more segmented target audience with lower investment. The digital marketing budget is easier to control, as you decide exactly what to spend and how much you want to invest based on your company’s capabilities. This allows you to choose the most efficient channels depending on your business type. On the other hand, digital marketing goals are measurable in near real-time, giving you the opportunity to make the necessary adjustments as the campaign develops.
2) Improve customer relationshipOne of the great advantages of digital marketing is that it helps your business connect with potential customers who are looking for your specific product or service. Unlike traditional marketing where a message is issued to a general audience, digital marketing takes the message directly to customers with intent to purchase. In both, social platforms and in email campaigns and search engines, you have the possibility to segment your audience in order to send the right message at the exact moment. On the other hand, a robust digital marketing strategy not only helps you find new customers but retain them once they hire your services or buy your products for the first time. With the help of tools that allow you to process data and a CRM, you can create experiences tailored to each customer, thus improving your relationship with them.
3) Improve your brand imageConsumers currently use digital channels to research brands, leave opinions about services, or share relevant information with other users about companies. That conversation happens even though there’s no official presence on the internet. Yelp, Google Maps, and Facebook create local businesses profiles, without business intervention, that you can control and optimize to improve your business image. In this way, you take advantage of tools to orient the conversation towards your products and services.
4) Measure your goalsAny digital marketing strategy, allows you to define your goals according to the metrics that are a priority for you: engagement, sales, database data logging, etc. Currently, there are numerous analytical tools to track step-by-step all elements of your strategy. You can even do it in real-time to see how the campaign is progressing and you can make adjustments to achieve your goals. You can also use these tools to better understand your customers and their purchasing behavior. With this data, you can optimize your digital strategy and get better results every time. At the end of each digital marketing effort, you can get a detailed analysis of every phase. You can compare and measure the results obtained according to what you projected during the initial phases of your strategy and your main objective.
5) You increase your reach and visibilityWith the advent of digital marketing, competition has been leveled compared to traditional strategies. Before, a small or medium-sized company did not have the option to compete with larger companies and their mass marketing campaigns. But now, with a robust digital marketing strategy, you optimize your online presence and compete in a fairer terrain with all participants. With a limited budget, you can target actions directly to your target audience and, depending on your goals, you can develop different strategies. For example, with a blog you can reach customers who may have escaped you in other ways, while with a good email marketing campaign you have the opportunity to improve the relationship with your recurring customers and increase your visibility.
6) Launch multiple campaigns at a low costBecause digital marketing budgets can be lower than in traditional media, you can launch multiple campaigns at the same time. These campaigns can be automated and customized for each of your audiences, as well as for the different objectives of your strategy. For example, if you want to interact with the younger segment of your audience, you can do so directly through the social networks they visit most. While if you want to interact with the older segment, you can do so through email campaigns. Everything, at the same time. You can adapt the type of content to the channel you’re using to ensure the effectiveness of the message. Through automation, you can not only reach a large number of people but also meet their needs by making efficient use of resources.
7) Reach mobile audienceIt’s no secret to anyone that smartphones are everywhere. Every year the percentage of people connected through mobile devices is higher, even in emerging markets or with less purchasing power. With digital marketing, you have the ability to reach these users through mobile apps or personalized campaigns for these devices.
A clear trendIn conclusion, digital marketing offers multiple benefits for any type of company. Trends change and any business idea or a company like yours must evolve into the market preferences. Not investing in digital marketing can easily offer your competitors an advantage to position themselves in front of your audience, thus taking you out from the market. Do you have more reasons in mind? Comment this article and join the importance of digital marketing.
This post is also available in: Español